Wednesday, August 1, 2007

South America Anyone?


Hey guys! Last week I got some amazing news. I was called to serve as a missionary in the Peru Lima Central mission! I am super excited and can't wait to get out there! I don't report until November 28th, so I will be around for awhile. I will be speaking Spanish and am loving that idea. So, that's the latest with me. Oh, and I finished Harry Potter of course and loved it. I plan to have a book group to discuss various topics about book 7 and any other HP related things. If you are interested in that check back here occasionally to see when and where. In other news, I went to Oregon last week to visit my Grandpa and it was fun. He lives up in the country so it was a little boring, but we found ways to entertain ourselves. We went to Romeo and Juliet at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. It was good. A little awkward at times, but I liked it. We also went to a kid's science museum and made huge bubbles. Who doesn't love that? I also saw some hairy women at a farmer's market and went on a jet boat excursion. So, I guess you could say I had a pretty good week. I will put pictures up later so you can see the bubbles and maybe I'll even post the video of me opening my mission call!

3 comments:

erika said...

WHAT?? Shelly, I didn't even know that your mission papers were in. I am so so SO EXCITED for you!!

And I have to ask: Now that have finished Harry Potter 7, is there a great void in your life? I am only on Harry Potter 3--but I fear the day when I finish #7 and Harry is out of my life forever. How are you handling it?

Colie said...

AAAAAhhhhhhh! Hairy women? Gross.
Ok, now a happy AAAAAAhhhhhhhh! Your mission call! I'm so excited for you and am already planning to come pick you up because Peru rocks! You're going to love it!

Amy Jo said...

MISSION!?!?!?!??!!?! YAY!! You have no idea how excited I am for you. NO IDEA!!! Oh man oh man.

About Me