Monday, December 14, 2009

just once

Everyone has a list of things they want to do in their life. Among a few of mine are:

smash grapes with my feet (avoiding this)
kiss under the northern lights
do a triathlon

Along with the afore mentioned, another one is stay at a capsule hotel in Japan. The basic idea is that of a hostel, but with modifications. It's like a more personalized hostel and probably more sanitary. Here are a some pictures and this video to explain what I mean. The video seems to have been made by a vacationing group of moms but gives a pretty good idea of what this hotel is all about.


Something about them makes me want to get inside.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Do those little beds come in a queen size for two? I'll go with you.

Erin said...

That would make me so incredibly claustrophobic, but I think that the awesomeness of it would help me to overcome the claustrophobia.

Also, they remind me of when Kramer has the Japanese guys sleep in the drawers of the armoire, and then has to chop them out because the wood got warped from the hot tub. That's probably where they got the idea, actually.

Also, that just seems to Japanese to me. Anything small and efficient, you know?

Rob said...

Um, that is SO on my list of what I want to do!! (Props on the Seinfeld shout out Erin!) It would be so cool to stay in one of those! I wonder if Hong Kong has them too......

KILEY said...

That hotel sounds like my worst nightmare.

Cindy said...

um, i'm sorry but i have to do it:

thats what she said.

About Me