Thursday, December 10, 2009

Insatiable

I'm going to blame it on the extremely cold weather.

Lately I have been surprising myself at the amount of food I consume. I stuff my face and then about 15 minutes later I'm ready to start snacking again. I haven't been working out really at all (due to, once again, the cold weather and the demands of the last few weeks of school) so I can't say that I'm burning more calories. Or, does your body burn more calories in the winter to keep itself warm? Is this true?

For example, today we had a work Christmas party at Brick Oven. I was pretty hungry and decided to get the soup and salad bar. I filled a huge plate of salad and ate it. Then I filled a huge bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup and downed it. Then I ate like 2 big slices of garlic bread and put some of this cheesy spinach dip on top. Or course I had to get a plate of fruit and had to finish it all off with some chocolate mousse at the end. Oh, don't forget the 2 glasses of Dr. Pepper. Maybe that doesn't sound like a lot to you, but to me it seemed like a lot. After I left the restaurant I got to work and have been munching on the candies we've got going in the office. I keep justifying myself in saying that "it's the holiday season, you can eat whatever you want!"

I'm not interested in gaining weight for the winter, but maybe I just have to accept the ways of nature and deal with it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Winter is hard like that. It's a trick though. Your body is like, Hey, it's cold, you have to eat more to stay alive! But really, you're going to stay alive anyway. Dang those bodies.

About Me