Sunday, January 23, 2011

Schmetterling

I have a new goal. I actually really like playing the piano. And let me tell you my friends that it is high time for a new repertoire because I am getting pretty sick of playing the SAME stuff I have been playing for 7 years. For real. So, my new goal is to learn a beautiful song. This is the one I have chosen. It is called Schmetterling which means Butterfly in German. I looked it up on youtube and found out that many a composer has written their own piece called Schmetterling, but the one I chose is by Gustav Merkel. Have a little listen to this song. The one played here is the only one I could find on youtube that didn't have mistakes, but this one is a little too fast for my taste.. Most people I've heard play it slow because there are so many accidentals that it's hard to play fast, but I want to play it "allegretto" as it says on the music. So, without further ado, here it is:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's pretty! And a good idea too. I'm pretty sure I've been playing the same songs for YEARS.

Erin said...

That was pretty. You should have a recital when you've got it down.

Also, my word verification was flundep. I thought you should know that.

About Me