Thursday, November 12, 2009

When you work at a library . . .

crazy things happen.

So, I'm just sitting here at my desk like I do at work when all of a sudden I hear some major commotion from the back of the library. I looked up from my screen to find this tall, skinny kid wearing khaki pants, a green t-shirt, and a black jacket come speeding up the aisle. I was shocked. He was running at full speed toward the exit in no quiet sort of manner. I watched him as he banged on the door to open it, I think with the intention to not slow down his momentum, and as he entered into the atrium. I was a little nervous actually because I saw that he was trying to catch up with someone who had just walked out and thought that maybe I was going to have a security issue on my hands. Turns out that as soon as he got out to the atrium he was fine and walked up the stairs with some guy quite calmly and collectedly. I looked around at the other people in the library and caught the eye of some kid who also saw the whole thing and we exchanged understanding looks. Then he came over and asked me out . . . (ok not really). It's interesting to me that what some of us might find totally embarrassing others find completely acceptable.

That kid is special, not just like everyone else.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

Tyler and I were discussing this sort of thing the other day. A kid in the library was talking full-blast on his phone about his roommate in a shhh zone. I can't believe he doesn't realize how awkward it is and how everyone is listening and being bugged. Not as dramatic as the runner, but you know the type. Special.

Erin said...

That is kind of nuts. Now I'm trying to think who I would have to see that I would run as fast as I possibly could through the library to catch them. . . . I don't know. Harry Potter. I'd run after Harry Potter.

About Me